Sunday, April 29, 2012

Northcape album news April 2012

I had a setback today when the power supply on my PC blew up, but I hope this can be fixed within the next week or so ... Otherwise work on the new album was going well... I hope to have a track up on soundcloud soon (http://soundcloud.com/northcape). It hasn't been an easy process getting to this point (see my previous blog), but I'm hoping that I have made a breakthrough in the overall sound and coherence of the album. The album was originally inspired by a classic account of the exploration and discovery of the first route to the Nanda Devi Sanctuary in the Himalaya. This may or may not seem like a promising subject, but it gave a structure to the album, although it has obviously taken it's own route from there. Apart from anything else I have had a clear sequence of images in my head while composing some of the tracks and although I have never been to the Himalaya I have nevertheless drawn from my own experience when writing the tracks. The album also has a slightly different overall sound from Captured From Static, with more use of distortion. It feels like a logical progression as the sound draws from the Alluvial EP (free!- http://archive.org/details/elpa70) as well as Captured From Static. Currently there are 11 tracks, although it's possible this may increase. I'm still some way off a release date, but I'll let you know when there is more news!

http://www.northcapemusic.co.uk/news/

No comments:

Post a Comment