Friday, April 27, 2012

New Northcape remake 'Sundowner' now out

The Northcape remake of Mike Allen's track 'Sundowner' is now available for free d/l. You can pick this up plus the other two remakes from the Bandcamp release page here: http://sunseasky.bandcamp.com/album/sounds-from-home-revisited . This track was a challenge as it's not a remix, I wasn't allowed to use any of the original sounds from the track so it had to be remade from scratch, based on the original. The original is part of quite an intense and dark album in a different style to the music I normally listen to, which made it even more of a challenge, but it was a good experience to work on this and I think the final result does capture something of the feel of the original while still being recognisably 'Northcape'. I did this a while ago, so it's not really a clue to the sound of the tracks on the in-progress album (more on that later) but I'm glad it has finally been released. I also recommend the Boc Scadet remake.

http://www.northcapemusic.co.uk/news/

No comments:

Post a Comment