Saturday, February 5, 2011

Remake vs Remix

Recently I rashly promised to do a 'remake' of a track as part of a project where different artists are creating their own versions of tracks from a new album. I initially thought that this could be a remix, working with at least parts of the original, but hadn't realised that the concept was an entirely new version of the chosen track (no reuse of any wav files allowed!) This was quite daunting initially but I've made some progress and have a rough mix of something that will hopefully appear on the final compilation. The original album as a whole is in a different, more intense style to my normal listening, and is as much alternative (with vocals) as electronic, which has added to the difficulty of choosing a track to work on. I've tried to avoid subjecting anyone to my version of vocals and picked one of the more chilled, instrumental tracks... However, trying to interpret the original version of the track while making it sound like something by Northcape has still proved a challenge, but hopefully a worthwhile one! I'll let you know when there's more news on this.

http://www.northcapemusic.co.uk/news/

No comments:

Post a Comment